Isle of Skye Lace Shawl - Scotland - FREE SHIPPING SH70
In stock - ready to ship!
It is so, then, that you know all the songs of the Highlands and the Isles?” “Not all,” said Roger, smiling. “But many—and I will learn more.” “Do that,” said MacLeod, nodding slowly. “Do that, Singer—and teach them to your sons.” His eye lighted on Brianna, and a faint smile curled on his lips. “Let them sing to my sons, that they will know the place they came from—though they will never see it.”
---Roger in Fiery Cross, Outlander series of books by Diana Gabaldon
The Isle of Skye in the Highlands of Scotland is a magical place, about 50 miles long, with inlets, bays and islands creating a complex lacework pattern with the sea. I created this shawl to celebrate the beauty of Skye, with the rich blues and turquoises of the sky and sea, the creamy white of the froth of the waves (or perhaps the mists that swirl about?), ending with a lavish border. This shawl is almost a full circle, a shape that will stay on your shoulders easily. Wear it open, one end thrown over your shoulder, or pinned with a favorite brooch.
- Color--------Turquoise blues, cream
- height from the center point----25 inches
- width around the bottom of the shawl ----82 inches
- Material ----Soft thick easy care non-wool yarn
- Shape---- Semi-circular (so full it almost makes a full circle)
- Washing Instructions:
- Hand wash in cool water with mild soap, roll in a towel to remove moisture, dry flat
Mòran taing (many thanks in Gaelic) for visiting my shop. If I can answer any questions or make a custom design for you, please contact me.